Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Letter To President Obama

By Larue

Well Pups, I just couldn’t take it anymore, and below is the message I sent to our leader this evening through the White House website.

Dear President Obama:

I voted for you because you promised to bring change to our political system and improve the lives of the middle class.

Sadly, your recent gutting of single payer, public option, drug reimportation and so many OTHER cost saving reforms for healthcare is costing you my vote.

I looked the other way when you caved on FISA, I looked away when you gave away trillions to failed, crooked bankers and financial investment houses, I looked the other way when you backed down on investigating the previous administration for war crimes/terrorism, I looked the other way when you failed to end Iraq and now Af/Pak.

Your so called ‘centrist’ healthcare reform effort is nothing but a giveaway to private insurance, PhRMA and Big Med.

For american citizens to be FORCED to purchase a product from private business and then be faced with federal punishment from the IRS if they don’t is likely unconstitutional.

So, there it is, you’ve lost my vote, and you’ve cost Senators Feinstein and Boxer to lose my vote and Rep. Matsui to lose my vote.

I will work vigorously to primary you and my present elected officials in 2010 and in 2012.

As of tomorrow morning, I will change my voter status from Democrat (since 1971) to Independent.

I’m sorry you lied to the American People, about Change. It cost you my vote and support.

**********

That’s it, end of story.